Thompson Gray is an Equal Opportunity Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4a, 60-300.5a and 60-741.5a. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Thompson Gray, Inc. welcomes minority and veteran applicants.
The position will be responsible for the design, development, testing, and production of automations using robotic process automation RPA software. The Developer will be part of an onsite RPA team supporting a Federal client at the enterprise level to create automation solutions for financial management leadership.
- Achieve and maintain proper certification levels as recommended by RPA software vendors.
- Obtain required system access and roles, as necessary, to test and run automations.
- Ensure thorough understanding of the development requirements and proposed RPA process solutions.
- Proactively lead and develop the library automation projects 'assets'.
- Maintain software version control and procedures governing usage.
- Develop and maintain automation development schedule; brief the project manager on a regular basis to track completion of automation milestones.
- Enforce Standard Operating Procedure SOP usage and best practice adoption and usage throughout the development process, including proper execution of exception handling, metric reporting, use of global variables, and other 'wrapper' techniques.
- Lead and participate in the design, development, and testing of all automations.
- Complete and review documentation for library and production automations; create, manage, and maintain file folders. Upload final versions of documents into the management tool.
- Write test reports and conduct testing when necessary.
- Manage and run automations in production, as required. Run the robot manager software and manage the server environment.
- Provide metrics on testing and production activities as necessary.
- When directed by the project manager, collaborate and coordinate with other agencies, military personnel, civilians, and contractors with regard to RPA automation development, best practices, lessons learned, etc..
- Keep up-to-date on the interest and implementation of RPA throughout the Federal Government and brief the project manager and team members on potential collaborations and/or expansion projects.
- Develop training plan/schedule and conduct regular RPA training for analysts and select others clients, project manager, etc. on UiPath and other RPA software as needed.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Applicants MUST be U.S. citizens able to obtain a Secret-level clearance. Candidates with a current Secret or higher clearance are highly desired.
- RPA Developer experience using software to include UiPath and/or Pega Robotics. 1 year or more preferred, and software certifications such as UiPath Levels 1, 2, and 3 are a plus.
- Experience in Agile development environments preferred.
- Knowledge or experience in the Federal marketplace.
- Knowledge or experience with Federal Financial Management/PPBE.
- Experience with SAP modules such as FI, CO, and MM.
- Experience with CITRIX interfaces.
- Experience with business intelligence environments and data analytic platforms e.g., Kibana, Tableau, and/or Qlik.
- Experience with software development lifecycle management.
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science or Information Technology preferred.