Are you a MOTIVATED individual committed to delivering STELLAR results? Tired of the same boring work routine? How about being micromanaged? Or maybe you are just ready for something FRESH to put the OOMPH back in your day. Ready to join one of the FASTEST GROWING private companies in Huntsville, I mean America, per Inc. 5000? If you have a security clearance and check the box on the above we want YOU to read below and APPLY for this position! Thank you for considering our company, and we look forward to welcoming you aboard!
About the Position:
The Synthetic Training Environment STE Cross Functional Team CFT is seeking a Simulation Software Develop to support the Army's first genuinely integrated training capability and the future of Army training. This person will develop, integration and maintain software tools and testbed environments to facilitate the prototyping of STE capabilities.
- Experience in full-stack gaming and simulation environments, specifically for military training applications
- Experience in in a programming language such as C++, C# or equivalent.
- Experience with database technologies such as MySQL, PostgresSQL, Oracle Database, Mongo DB, DynomDB, or equivalent.
- Experience with build automation technologies such as Maven, Gradle, Webpack, NPM, Yarn, Jenkins, Gitlab and building APIs and services using REST and SOAP.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: A. Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering, Information Science, Information Systems Management, Information Technology, Mathematics, Statistics, or a degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems, or networks. -OR- B. Combination of Education and Experience: A minimum of 24 semester 36 quarter hours of college coursework in any area listed in option A, plus experience in software design, information technology engineering, or a related area that demonstrates the ability to successfully perform the duties associated with this work. As a rule, every 30 semester 45 quarter hours of college work is equivalent to one year of experience. Candidates should show that their combination of education and experience totals 4 years. -OR- C. Experience: A minimum of 4 years of experience in software design, information technology engineering, or a related area that demonstrates the ability to successfully perform the duties associated with this work.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION CRITERIA: In addition to the mandatory qualifications, experience in the following is desired:
- Experience in applying software security techniques, controls, and best practices to engineer software to mitigate vulnerabilities and risk against malicious attacks and ensures continued operation.
- Experience with development of and improvements to scalable simulation environments
- Experience integrating commercial, Government, and open source tools and software packages
- Experience with developing for edge, cloud, and mobile environments
- Experience with developing and editing technical documentation for software and software requirements to include documenting software architecture and workflow.
- Experience in agile development methodologies.
Thompson Gray is an Equal Opportunity Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4a, 60-300.5a and 60-741.5a. These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Thompson Gray, Inc. welcomes minority and veteran applicants.